AUTO PARTS WEST AFRICA

 
 AUTO PARTS WEST AFRICA is the one stop auto spare parts store where u can get all  original parts for the right price. our reputal company creates a medium to make genuine and affordable automotive spare parts and servicing equipment accessible to drivers and auto mechanics in the region.
  Our vision is to annihilate the difficulty of finding right automotive parts which often results in improvised methods in auto repairs, leaving drivers at the mercy and ingenuity of often unskilled mechanics.
Buy Connect Ventures is duly registered in Nigeria by the Corporate Affairs Commission under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990 (as amended).
We are a service oriented enterprise, providing the platform for accessibility of products. Our products are supplied directly by major distributors or manufacturers, reason our prices are very competitive.
visit our website for more information http://www.autopartswa.com 
Email:tosan.lori@autopartswa.com


        

 

Ghost Worker

An official of the Kebbi State Verification Committee on Local Government Staff has uncovered 9,258 “ghost workers” in the 21 local councils.

State Chairman of the National Union of Local Government Employees, NULGE, Alhaji Bello Barade told newsmen in Birnin Kebbi, yesterday, that the figure released included workers that failed to appear for clearance.

According to Barade, the exercise conducted two months ago, had cleared 24,126 workers “as genuine staff of the councils.

“The records of such workers were studied and they were cleared. The exercise was not aimed at witch-hunting any worker.”

He disclosed that 12,830 of the workers verified “were beneficiaries of political patronage.

“Such categories of staff would not be considered as workers due to the nature of their recruitment on political grounds, but they would continue to enjoy their salaries and allowances.”

The chairman, who was part of the verification team, said the committee had recommended the retraining of some 1,830 secondary school certificate holders, who were employed as teachers, adding that such workers would be fully absorbed into the service after the retraining.

He said genuine workers who were unable to attend the screening exercise would be given another opportunity.

“The committee has also strongly recommended that all serious omissions be reviewed,” he added.

At least 11 people were killed and 30 injured on Sunday when a car bomb exploded at a church inside the Jaji military barracks in Nigeria’s northern Kaduna state, a military source said. Eyewitnesses reported hearing 2 blasts. “I saw five bodies and scores injured,” a military officer who witnessed the bombing told

Reuters, asking not to be named.

 A car bomb was detonated at a church inside military barracks in Jaji in Nigeria’s Kaduna state on Sunday, two military sources said.

“A car drove into the church premises … then detonated the bomb,” one of the military officers told Reuters, asking not to be named.

The National Emergency Agency confirmed there had been an explosion inside the barracks and said it was “likely at a worship centre”.

OUR EARLIER REPORT

Pandemonium as a huge bomb explodes inside a military protestant church inside the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji in Igabi local government area in Kaduna state. Sources at the military hospital in the cantonment where victims are presently being rushed to also say the number of casualties are high received so far are high.

Kaduna state in northern Nigeria has been the target of several bomb attacks this year, including on churches. Some have been claimed by Islamist sect Boko Haram, a group which has killed hundreds in an insurgency this year.

The Dutchman, who coached the Eagles from 1989 to 1994, had alleged that some players paid as much as $15, 000 to coaches to play for the Eagles. But he refused to mention names.

photo

“I have nothing to defend because I don’t know anything about it. Let him (Westerhof) come and mention names. Maybe he started it because he should know what he is talking about,” Adegboye Onigbinde, who coached Eagles to the 1984 Africa Nations Cup and the 2002 World Cup, said.

Christain Chukwu, who captained the Eagles to their first Nations Cup triumph in 1980, also dared Westerhof to reel out the names of coaches who collected bribes to field players in the national team.

“Why didn’t he mention anybody? It is not true; he has to mention those involved,” Chukwu, who was Westerhof’s assistant before becoming the Eagles’ head coach, said.

However, former Eagles striker, Jonathan Akpoborie, says the issue has been lingering on for a long time.

He said, “This issue has been around for a long time. Till today, players still pay to play in the national team. The issue is, why is Westerhof talking now?

“I should have been at the France ’98 World Cup but nobody gave me a reason for being dropped. All the attackers that were taken to the World Cup that year were below par. So why did they drop somebody like me, who helped my club (VFB Stuttgart) to reach the UEFA Cup Winners Cup final that same year?”

Former Nigeria midfielder, Etim Esin, said bribery “is very rampant in Nigeria. They don’t pick talents anymore. Westerhof succeeded because he brought in the likes of (Daniel) Amokachi and (Sunday) Oliseh and dropped most of us playing in Europe at that time.

“It didn’t happen in my time, we were picked on merit but now, if you can’t bribe a coach, you won’t be selected. It’s shameful.”

But Atlanta ’96 gold medallist, Taribo West, denies any knowledge of bribery during his time with the Eagles.

“In my time, there was nothing like that; maybe it’s possible now. We had great players like Emmanuel Olisadebe who couldn’t make the squad to France ’98 because we had a lot of talents.

“Now due to lack of players on ground, some people may want to find their ways to the national team by giving bribes,” Taribo said.

 

 
                                   
Yesterday 19th November 2012, former Lagos State governor and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his wife Oluremi Tinubu, were traditionally conferred with the titles of Aare Ago of Egbaland and Erelu Aare Ago of Egbaland by the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedokun Gbadebo.

According to what Naijahottestgist reported, the ceremony left the Ogun State Government  86 million naira poorer. Here is the breakdown of expenditure for the event as approved by Ogun State Governor Senator Amosun:

Catering and drinks 22m
Entertainment 9m
souvenirs 10m
Mobilisation 10m
publicity 15m
security 7.5m
Accomodation 3m
Logistics 10m

NB: this was obtained Exclusively from a Govt vocher,The vocher shows that Prince Lanre Tejuosho made the request and is in charge of the event.
85 million for Chieftaincy title??? Ok o.

Reno Omokri, Special Assistant to President Jonathan on New Media

 

The social media cold-war between the special assistant to the president, Reno Omokri, and the former FCT minister, Nasir el-Rufai, is getting a little more intense as Omokri during the weekend took it to the next level.

He fired a number of tweets specifically directed at El Rufai casting doubts on his stewardship as a minister of the Federal Republic.

With the gloves apparently removed, the score is presently put at –  Reno Omokri  1: 0  Nasir el-Rufai.

Please read the tweets below:

 

The tweets with links are reproduced with their links below.

- Reno Omokri ‏@renoomokri   This is what the same person said about Buhari before he saw him as a means to power http://tinyurl.com/cbzqjfh

 

- Reno Omokri ‏@renoomokri   This is what someone said about the President before he lost out of powerhttp://tinyurl.com/6e8re3f

 

- Reno Omokri ‏@renoomokri   According to Wikileaks some one was “homeless” before govt and fabulously wealthy after http://tinyurl.com/c3olywg .

Contrary to claims by some members of his cabinet, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan said Sunday that his government was not currently in talks with Boko Haram Islamists, adding it was impossible to negotiate with a group that has “no face.”

In August, his spokesman Reuben Abati confirmed for the first time that officials had opened back-channel talks with some members of the group.

But on Sunday, in a presidential media chat in which he took questions from a panel of journalists and Nigerians, Jonathan said: “There is no dialogue with Boko Haram and government…there is no dialogue that is going on anywhere.

“There is no face so you don’t have anybody to discuss with,” he added.

Jonathan has indicated a willingness to enter into dialogue with the insurgent group, which is blamed for hundreds of deaths in the country since 2009.

Boko Haram is believed to be made up of several different cells and it is not clear that the group has leaders who can credibly negotiate on its behalf.

Analysts have said it is not right for any government to negotiate with terrorists as you may never know if the person you are negotiating with is the right person.