Message: 21 Day Prayer and Fasting: Day 14: Knowing God for yourself and putting Him first.
Preacher: Pastor Wilson Akubo
References: Philippians 3:7-11; Hosea 6:3; Romans 1:19; John 1:1-2, 10-14; John 8:19, 14:6-11
We have taught you to search for knowledge through reading and schooling, but there is no knowledge as good as knowing God.
Hence, Paul says
“That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;” Philippians 3:10
God wants us to know Him, and this is achievable.
God wanted us to know Him so much that is why He came down in human form.
To know God is to be acquitted with Him; to know Him intimately. To apprehend Him clearly and certainly; to be well informed about Him. It is to know God’s Nature and Character.
Knowing God intimately is same as knowing Jesus intimately; it is same with knowing the Holy Spirit intimately. To know God, you have to come through Christ. Nicodemus took advantage of this system in John 3 when he went to Jesus wanting to know Him.
The Advantages of Knowing God:
1. You will have eternal life when you know God. John 17:3
2. It is in knowing God that you know yourself.
3. It guarantees deliverance from all issues of life.
4. It will build faith and confidence that guarantee victory all the time.
5. It will deliver life to you. John 10:10, 2 Peter 1:3
6. It will compel devils to yield to your authority. Acts 19:11-15
7. It is the most superior knowledge. Jeremiah 9:23-24
What to do:
1. Study the Bible
2. Desire to know Him, and desire to know Him more.
3. Exercise your faith where you are; do the Word.
3. Maintain unbroken relationship with God.
4. Do not use failed relationships to judge God.
1. Receive the word.
2. Pray that you may know God. Ask that He reveals Himself to you in the pages of His Book. Daniel 11:32
3. Pray that whatever and whoever is a hindrance to knowing Him intimately shall be taken away.
4. Pray that God will make you hungry for His Word.
5. Pray for Grace to work with the Holy Spirit.
6. Pray to be submissive to the Word of God.
7. Impose the Word of God over any situation in your life.
Note: We will meet at the #CareGroup tomorrow.
God bless you.