Ado said in the statement that the suspects, who are in custody, were being interrogated to ascertain their degree of involvement and to help in arresting others.
The statement said patrols in the region had been intensified to ensure that all the suspected militants behind the line pipes sabotage were brought to book.
operation Pulo Shield remains determined to track and arrest perpetrators of the recent multiple attacks and bombing of some oil pipes and installations across Niger Delta Region.
“Some suspects were arrested and currently undergoing thorough preliminary investigation to ascertain their degree of involvement before handing them over to prosecuting agencies, while effort is on to track and arrest fleeing vandals.
“The arrest was due to highly intensified Patrols and Cordon and Search of the waterways, creeks and communities by the Joint Force.
“It is in line with the directives of the Commander, Operation Pulo Shield, Major General Alani Gafar Okunlola to apprehend those behind the criminal act”, said the statement.
The statement quoted the commander of the Joint force as assuring the people of Niger Delta of Operation Pulo Shield’s determination to wipe out all acts of illegalities in the region.
It called on the people to give useful information that will aid the joint force in its operations in line with its mandate in the Niger Delta.
It warned the perpetrators of the crime to desist from further destruction of oil facilities or be ready to face the wrath of the law.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), recalls that a blast on a crude and gas line pipes at Escravos, Delta, resulted in the shut down of Warri and Port Harcourt refineries and cut in gas supply to some power plants.
Another blast on Agip’s facility on Jan. 28 resulted in a drop by 16,000 barrels out of Agip’s 40,000 barrels daily export from Brass Oil Export Terminal of Bayelsa coastline.